[From the Prophecy
Papers by Walter R. Dolen]
Get a copy of the
Copyright © 1977, 1989, 1996 by Walter R. Dolen
All rights reserved, except as follows:
You may download this document for personal use only, not for
"I am the BeComingOne [YHWY]; that is my name!
. . . See the
former things have taken place, and new things I declare; before they spring into being I
announce them to you." (Isa 42:8-9)
God's Wrath: An Outline
pr421» (1) There is one-half of a week (of years) remaining of Daniel's
seventy weeks, which equals three and one-half years as explained
previously in PR5.
During these 3 ½ years:
- The physical Beast will rule a great part of the world; The spiritual
Beast rules all the earth. (Rev 13:5; Dan 7:25; Rev 12:9)
- The Church will be in the spiritual wilderness. (Rev 12:6, 14)
- The Church will be in a spiritual trial or tribulation. (Dan 12:7, 10; 11:33-35; 7:25; Rev 12:17; 3:18; 11:2; see also the "Old Mind" paper [NM 21])
- The two witnesses will teach during their 1260 days. (Rev 11:3, 4; Zech
- It will be a period of great tribulation for the whole world. (Isa 13:4-11;
Matt 24:31; etc.)
- During this time the great false-prophet will say he is God (Rev 13:11-18; 2 Thes 2:3-9; Dan 7:25; Dan 8:11, 23-25; Dan 11:37).
pr422» (2) Then at the full end of the 3 ½ years will come the Last
- "and the end thereof with a flood, and unto the end of the war that
makes desolation is determined" ( Dan 9:26).
- "and until the end war to cut off the arrangement of destruction" ( Dan
9:26; trans. from the Septuagint).
(A proof that this war comes at the full end of the last 3 ½ years
comes from Daniel 9:27 in the word translated "consummation" in
the KJV, which was translated from a Hebrew word meaning -- Full
or Complete end. Read last part of Daniel 9:26 & 27. These verses
are speaking of the same time.)
pr423» (3) The nations will be gathered at the end:
- "All the nations of the earth be gathered together against it." (They
will be gathered against Jerusalem, the physical and Spiritual one.) [Zech 12:3; Joel 3:2, 11, 9; Isaiah 13:4;
66:18;Zeph 2:1; 3:8; Mic 4:11-12; Matt 25:31-32; Rev 19:19]
- The modern day Gog, Tubal, Persia, Ethiopia, Phut, Gomer,
Togarmah, and so forth will gather against Jerusalem. [Ezek 38:7-8, 15-16; Rev 20:8; 16:12; Rev 16:14-16; Jer 1:14; 50:9, 41; Jer 51:28; Isa 13:17; Jer 50:29;
Jer 51:11; Dan 11:44]
- This is the gathering of the nations for the great last sacrifice --
Jehovah's sacrifice. [Zeph 1:7-9; Ezek 39:17; Rev 19:17-18]
- Gathering together the tares that are to be burnt. [Matt 13:30, 40, 42; Isa
10:17; Isa 27:4]
- Gathering together of God's wheat; but the chaff of the wheat is burnt
up. [Matt 3:12; Luke 3:17]
- The gathering of fish to cast into the furnace (fish=people, Matt 4:19;
Hab 1:14). [Matt 13:47, 50]
- The gathering together of the guests for the wedding -- both the good
and the bad guests. [Matt 22:10]
- The nations will gather like a flood. [Isaiah 59:19; 17:12-13]
pr424» (4) Then after the gathering of the nations, the Last War will
begin and the nations will fight against each other; people against people,
city against city:
- "nation shall rise against nation." (Matt 24:7)
- "violence in the land, ruler against ruler." (Jer 51:46)
- "evil shall go forth from nation to nation" (Jer 25:32).
- Concerning spiritual Egypt (see Rev 11:8): "the Egyptians against
the Egyptians: and they shall fight every one against his brother, and
every one against his neighbor; city against city, and kingdom against
kingdom" (Isa 19:2).
- "Every man's sword shall be against his brother" (Ezek 38:21).
- "I will overthrow the throne of kingdoms ... and their riders shall
come down, every one by the sword of his brother" (Haggai 2:22).
- "and they shall lay hold every one on the hand of his neighbor, and
his hand shall rise up against the hand of his neighbor" (Zech 14:13).
- "By the swords of the mighty will I cause your multitude to fall" (Ezek
- The beast will destroy itself for the antitypical "whore" is the
"woman" of Revelation 17, which is the great city (v. 18), which is
the system of Babylon (Rev 14:8; 18:16), which is the antitypical
Babylon (See Beast Papers [PR2 PR3], Rev 17:16-17).
pr425» (5) Why will these nations fight against each other? Isn't this
madness? Wouldn't it be the end of mankind if all nations came against each
other, especially with the modern weapons of mankind? Then the world must
go mad at the end of the present age if these things are to happen.
- "In that day, says the Lord, I will smite every horse with
astonishment, and his rider with MADNESS" (Zech 12:4).
- "Babylon has been a golden cup in the Lord's hand, that made all the
earth drunken: the nations have drunken of her wine; therefore the
nations are MAD" (Jer 51:7; see also Jer 25:15-16).
- "Babylon is fallen ... because she made all nations drink of the wine
of the wrath of her fornication" (Rev 14:8; see also, Rev 16:19; 18:3). The
higher meaning here is that the spiritual Babylon, that system of
spiritual evil that lives in all mankind, has all the people drunk on its
spiritual wine of confusion and evil.
pr426» What is the "Wine" of Wrath?
- "Stay yourselves ... and cry: they are drunken, but not on wine ... For
the Lord has poured out upon you the spirit of deep sleep, and has
closed your eyes" (Isaiah 29:9-10).
- It is "the spirit of the kings of the Medes" that will be raised up
against modern day Babylon for the "vengeance of his temple." (Jer
- This is the opposite wine or spirit that God's people are or will drink
-- the new wine. (Zech 9:17; Luke 5:37)
- The spirit of the Adversary will make the world go mad at the Last
War. "For the devil is come down upon you, having great wrath,
because he knows that he has but a short time" (Rev 12:12; see also, Isa
pr427» (6) How long will the Last War last?
Take the antitypical meaning of the following items for the answer:
- One day [Isa 10:17; Zech 3:9 Rev 18:8 ]
- one hour [Rev 18:10, 19]
- as an overrunning flood [Nah 1:8 & Dan 9:26]
- speedily or as a speedy riddance [Luke 18:8; Zeph 1:18]
- Babylon suddenly falls [Jer 51:8]
- suddenly [Isa 47:11; Eccl 9:12]
- at an instant, suddenly [Isa 29:5-6; 1 Thes 5:3; Psa 73:19]
- destroyed & devoured at once [Isa 42:14]
- swiftly, speedily [Joel 3:4; Mal 3:5]
- as in a moment [Psalms 73:19]
pr428» (7) Who will be destroyed by the Last War?
- The transgressors are destroyed together; The real transgressors are
the spiritual evil minds. (Psa 37:38; Isa 1:28; see "Old Mind" paper [NM 21])
- In spiritual Babylon, "shall fall the slain of all the earth" (Jer 51:48-49).
Remember all the nations will be gathered against each other at the
- At the same time Gog comes against "the land of Israel, says the Lord
GOD, my fury shall come up in my face. For in my jealously and the
fire of my wrath have I spoken, Surely in that day there shall be a
great shaking [through the weapons of mankind] in the land of Israel" (Ezek 38: 18-19; cf Zeph 3:8). But all the earth belongs to Spiritual Israel..
("Seed Paper" [PR1]) Gog thus comes against all the land of Spiritual
Jerusalem -- the whole earth.
- "And the slain of the Lord shall be at that day from one end of the
earth even unto the other end of the earth" (Jer 25:33).
pr429» (8) Therefore all nations will have gathered, and one-third of
all the transgressors will be destroyed at once (see PR5).
Here follows is a list of some of the various nations to be destroyed as
powers, as well as in population. For example only one-sixth of the modern
Ma Gog, Meshech and Tubal will be saved after the Last War (Ezek 39:1-2).
The Bible uses the original name of the families that grew into nations, but
today these families or nations described in the Bible have different names,
yet they are the same peoples the Bible is prophesying against.
- List of nations to be destroyed as powers and in population: [Zeph 2:9;
Jer 25:17-29; Ezek 30:4-5; 32:22, 24, 26, 30, 31-32; Ezek 31:18, 14; 39:11; Joel 3:2,
12, 14; Isa 14:12, 21-22, 25; Isa 30:30-33]
Thus, all nations will be gathered and all destroyed as powers along with
the invisible power behind these nations -- the spiritual adversary, Satan. It
will be an instantaneous Last War destruction.
pr430» (9) Now if all nations fight against each other, and the war
happens in an instant, then how else can it happen besides it being an
Atomic Last War? Atomic weapons will be used in this war along with
other such destructive weapons.
pr431» (10) When the nations come at once against the Beast he will
panic (See, Jer 50:41-43; 51:28-29). AND:
- "But tidings out of the East and out of the north shall trouble him:
therefore he shall go forth with great fury to destroy, and utterly to
sweep away many" (Dan 11:44).
But in this great madness the Beast will destroy itself (Rev 17:16-17). All
these nations will destroy themselves. This is God's righteous end-of-the-age
judgment on the nations of this age (see, Psa 9:15-16):
- "For the day of the Lord is near upon all heathen: as you have done,
it shall be done unto you: Your reward shall return upon your own
head." (Obadiah 1:15, see Joel 3:4)
pr432» (11) But there will be another reason besides the nations mad
plan (Ezek 38:10-12; Isa 13:17) initiated by the spiritual mind of wrath
in their minds. There is the spiritual reason:
- It is Satan's wrath against God's people (Rev 12:12, 2, 4).
pr433» Not only are the nations gathered against the antitypical Babylon
(the Beast), but the Bible emphatically says the nations are also gathered
against the Church or the people of God. This is the spiritual reason the mad
spirits of Satan gather the nations to fight (Rev 16:12-16; Jer 51:11; Isa 19:2, 3, 14;
and Rev 20:8-9):
- Read Jeremiah 6:22-29. Note that the "daughter of Zion" is the
Church (Heb 12:22).
- Read Revelation 19:19; 17:14; 20:9. Note respectively in each verse:
"his army" with verse 14 and 8; "and they that are with him" and
"the camp of the saints."
- God in Isaiah 29:8 describes what will become of the dream of the
nations (the subconscious dream of the satanic spirits in their minds)
"that fight against mount Zion." Again, the higher meaning for Zion
is God's Church (Heb 12:22).
- The nations will gather against Jerusalem, and will be destroyed "in
that day." (Zech 12:2, 2, 4, 8, 9) Those of the city of Jerusalem will be
"as God" for then they will be God's sons and daughters. Remember
the higher meaning for Jerusalem is God's Church or people (Heb 12:22
and the section on "New Jerusalem" in [NM 18]).
- This is the "day of trouble" for God's people (Hab 3:16; Psa 102:2, 13-17;
Dan 12:1; Isa 33:2; Isa 26:16, 17-20; Jer 30:6-8; remember the higher meaning of
Israel is God's Church, Rev 7:4; Gal 6:16).
- But, the Lord "shall defend them" and Zion (God's Church) will be
cheerful with its new wine. (Zech 9:9 Zech 9:14-17; see also Isa 33:3; 34:8; Isa
pr434» Here are other verses that show the nations gathering against the
- Read Isaiah 54:15, notice that the barren woman is the barren woman
that Paul speaks about in Gal 4:26-27.
- Read Ezekiel 38:16 and compare it with Revelation 20:9. Remember
the higher meaning of "my people Israel" is the saints or the Church,
Rev 20:9; Rev 7:4; Gal 6:16.
- Read Micah 4:11, 13; Isaiah 10:32. Remember "Zion" is the Church.
See Hebrews 12:22.
- Read Isaiah 37:3, 11-12 and notice the talk by the Assyrian king
against the fact that God's Church will be Born of God. This Assyrian
king is representative of the end-of-the-age's false-prophet.
pr435» Notice God through his word asks the rhetorical question:
- "We [the Church, Rev 12:2] have been with child, we have been in
pain, we have as it were brought forth wind; we have not worked any
deliverance in the earth" (Isa 26:18).
- "Shall I bring to the birth, and not cause to bring forth: says the
Lord" ( Isa 66:9).
pr436» Notice the Church's reaction to the blasphemy of the false-prophet
(Isa 37:3, 11-12) against the fact that the Church will bring forth. Read Isaiah
37:22-23 and you will see Faith in action:
- KJV Isaiah 37:22 This is the word which the LORD hath spoken
concerning him; The virgin, the daughter of Zion, hath despised thee,
and laughed thee to scorn; the daughter of Jerusalem hath shaken her
head at thee. 23 Whom hast thou reproached and blasphemed? and
against whom hast thou exalted thy voice, and lifted up thine eyes on
high? even against the Holy One of Israel.
pr437» God through his word answers the negative talk by the false-prophet and His own rhetorical question of Isaiah 66:9:
- God will bring forth his people, they will be born of God all at once.
That is, the "first fruits" will be born all at once; the rest will be born
of God later (Isa 45:8; 66:8; Rev 11:15 with 1 Cor 15:52-55 & 1 Thes 4:16-17;
pr438» Notice just how close God's Church is to being destroyed:
- The "children of Israel" (the Church) "were ready to perish in the
land of Assyria." Note the context -- "in that day" and "trumpet
shall be blown" (Isa 27:13). The land of Assyria was the land of
physical Israel's enemy at that time. The antitypical "land of
Assyria" for the antitypical Israel is the land of their enemy (Satan)
-- the whole earth.
- "The sinner of Zion [one-half of those at the end of this age who
think they are of the true physical organized Church] are afraid;
fearfulness has surprised the hypocrites. WHO AMONG US SHALL
DWELL WITH THE DEVOURING FIRE?" (Isa 33:14; note Psa 1:5)
- "Fear, and the pit, and the snare, are upon you, O inhabitant of the
earth. And it shall come to pass, that he who flees from the noise of
fear shall fall into the pit."
(Isa 24:17-18; note Luke 17:31-33; & 2 Chron
pr439» In other words, just as the Church is ready to be physically
destroyed by the flames of the Atomic Last War, God will defend it and will
save and free it. This is salvation. They will be born of God. They will thus
not be hurt by the fire of the Last War. But those among them who say they
were in the Church will fear and thus begin to run. Yet the war begins and
ends speedily and they will die in the lake of fire. This is what Paul was
physically speaking about when he said:
- "Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare
it, because it shall try every man's work of what sort it is. If any
man's work abide which he has built thereupon, he shall receive a
reward. If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but
he himself shall be saved, yet so as by fire" (1 Cor 4:13-15). This last
part speaks of the agelasting fire for the satanic angels which is their
fire baptism, and the agelasting death baptism for the humans who
die in this fire. (see, "Thousand Years" paper [NM 15])
pr440» Because the Last War happens at once and the atomic fire at once,
those in the Church killed by this fire will not know it, for:
- "In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the
trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible
[immortal], and shall be changed ... Death is swallowed up in
victory" ( 1 Cor 15:52, 54).
pr441» The Church will die by the fire for only as long as an instant (see
Isa 54:8; 10:24-25), then they will become infused to the Spiritual and will be
lifted into the clouds (1 Thes 4:16-17) to meet Christ to bring him down to
earth (Rom 10:6) to rule on the earth (Rev 5:10).
Notice how in Matthew it describes this:
- "For nation shall rise against nation ... All these are the beginning of
travail" (Matt 24:6-7).
pr442» This pictures the beginning of the instant Atomic Last War. It is
the beginning of the Church's travail. Isaiah finishes the picture:
- "for as soon as Zion travailed she brought forth her children" (Isa
- "Before she travailed, she brought forth; before her pain came, she
was delivered of a man child" (Isa 66:7).
pr443» Thus, at the very beginning of the travail, which is the Last War
(Matt 24:6-7), just before the pain or hurt, but as the fire is destroying her,
she is born of God. Remember that Atomic weapons go off in a flash; all this
happens in an instant (note Psa 58:9-10).
pr444» This brings memories back as to what happened when the physical
Israel was escaping Egypt. Just as the Pharaoh's troops were about to reach
the people of Israel, the water of the Red Sea destroyed the Pharaoh's troops
and saved Israel (Ex 14:10, 13-14, 21-23, 27-30). Notice Amos 9:5; 8:8; Isaiah
17:13-14; Daniel 9:26.
pr445» (12) And from this Last War the earth shall be moved with a
- Jeremiah 10:10; 49:21: 50:46; Isaiah 13:13; 29:6; Ezekiel 31:16;
38:19, 20; Joel 2:10; 3:16; Haggai 2:21 Zech 14:5 Revelation 16:18;
11:19, 13; 8:5; 6:14; especially see Isaiah 24:18, 20
pr446» And there are many scriptures that show the destruction of the Last
War, called the lake of fire. We'll only give a few more:
- 2 Peter 3:10, 12; Zeph 1:18; 3:8; Mal 4:1-2; Isaiah 34:3; 29:6; Zech
14:12; Ezek 38:22
pr447» (13) At the very moment of the Last War, God's kingdom or
Spiritual rulership will take over (Rev 11:15-19). And after this instant war,
and the taking over of the world by the rulership of God, then evil will not
rise a second time:
- I will smite my hands together and I will cause my fury to rest. [Ezek
- they will not learn war again [Isa 2:4; Mic 4:3]
- violence no more [Isaiah 60:18]
- affliction not to rise a second time [Nah 1:9]
- we shall see no more evil [Zeph 3:15]
- the hail will sweep away the lies [Isaiah 28:17]
- they shall not hurt nor destroy in all God's holy mountain or kingdom
- no oppressor shall pass through them any more [Zech 9:8]
- God's kingdom and peace will not depart or be removed [Isa 54:10]
The rest of this paper is no
longer on this site.